I have finally fully recovered from my weekend with the PSO boys. Dekar
, BrianSterling, Donion
, Red-Diamond, Kugr84
, and I decided to attack Niagara last weekend. It was supposed to be a weekend of poker, booze, and women, but it went down a little bit differently. I was only able to make it down for the Friday night, but I wasn’t going to let that stop me from having a great time. I got there around 6:30pm and my first double whisky was poured by 7:15pm. We all met in Donion and Donion’s wife’s room to introduce ourselves and start a 6 player SNG tourney.
Blinds started at 15/30 with chip stacks of T1500 in order to ensure we would be at the bar in 2 hours we set the blinds at 15 minutes. The first hand of the tournament I was in the SB on BrianSterlings left, it was folded to Kugr84 in the cutoff who made it 75 to go, and Brian called on the button and I popped it to 200 with QQ, and they both called. Flop came KQ7 with two spades. I was first to act and decided that if I checked I would not get any action because it was a flop that probably helped me after I re-raised. So I threw out 500 into a 600 pot to look like the bully. Kugr thought for a few minutes and finally threw away his flush draw, Brian threw away his pair of 5s and I mucked. I now had everyone covered and played the role of controlled maniac, raising more than everyone else. My favourite hand of the night came when Red-diamond played I believe his first hand of the night, and came in for a raise, I re-raised him all in with 1010, he called and we were off to the races, I think he had KJ? Flop gave him a King putting me way behind but I managed to knock him out with a one outer after I found out that Dekar mucked a 10. Everything gets hazy after this, I managed to drink 5 double whiskeys during the SNG, thanks to Brian for taking a shot of my whiskey that I probably didn’t need, for being the first one out. We decided to chop after Dekar won an all in with A7 vs JJ (kugr) vs KK? (Donion), nice suck out kid, Kugr should have known not to play his Jacks. For the record, I did get the title of winner after the chop, My J6s dominated his J5o, this hand kind of symbolized the weekend for Dekar; he had to Jack-off quite a bit!
The rest of the night was a lot of fun, we went to a couple bars, met some ladies, drank some shots, drank some more, and didn’t gamble. Since Dekar already summed up our experience, I will attempt to capture some of the highlights without naming names to protect the innocent, and myself.
1. Someone hit on the front desk clerk, unsuccessfully
2. Someone talked to the cops before the bar
3. Someone told a girl that we were professional poker players that make over 100k/year
4. That same someone told another girl that he was a pilot
5. Someone bought a round of tequila
6. Someone passed his tequila shot to a girl to get her more drunk
7. Someone bought drinks for himself and a girl, only to leave them behind on the bar after paying for them
8. Someone made out with a hot chick from Germany
9. Someone made out with her other two friends at the same time on the dance floor
10. Someone and someone else kissed a girl from Austria one after another with the intention of “sharing” her after the bar
11. All of us couldn’t get into the casino after the bar
12. Two of us tried to go back after and still couldn’t get in
13. Someone spent the whole night at the casino and didn’t want to go to the bar
14. Someone else only spent a few hours at the casino and doubled their buy in because they couldn’t get into the bar
15. Someone jumped on the German “grenade” and took one for the team, the soldiers would be proud
16. Someone and Someone else took a German and Austrian back to their hotel
17. Someone left the hotel before the Austrian woke up, pure class!
18. Someone went on tag team tilt
19. And most importantly, fun was had by all!!
I think it will be interesting for outsiders to post in the comments who they think these apply too. Also, please add your own “someone” stories for anything I forgot or failed to mention. This trip should become a semi annual PSO party for the northerners; it was too much of a blast to not happen again. Thanks for the good time boys!