Wednesday, December 24, 2008

2008 Year in Review

2008 Goals - Lets see how many I fulfilled?

1. Take more notes + PT + PAHUD = pass. I have recently bought Holdem Manager and have been taking better notes all year when I was playing.

2. Increase number of hands played = pass. The months that I played I played quite a few hands. This last 1.5 months has been great and I really think going to SH tables will make it easier in the New Year to continue the trend.

3. Move up to NL200 = fail. I always fail these types of goals because I end up taking too much time off or withdrawing for personal reasons.

4. Take time off = pass. I think I might of taken this to the extreme but I took off from May to September again this past year for the second year in a row. I think I will just make poker a 6 month sport that is played only in the winter. I had reasons to take the time off and they were very profitable reasons. I started a website. Poker Training Guide. I enjoyed summer and worked hard at my real job and started a huge networking group for young professionals in my area that now meets monthly.

3/4 is great and I look forward to setting some unique goals for 2009 that will include everything from work, poker, websites, and beyond. Balance is definitely the key to a long successful poker career as well as life in general.

Once again, Happy Holidays!

8 Comments:

Blogger Guin said...

Do you prefer holdem manager over pokertracker and running pahud?

Not sure what else the extra software brings to the table.

I have also been away from poker but for me it was just all work related and now I have to start all over again. Painful.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008  
Blogger Guin said...

What a donk I am... just read the few previous posts...

Let me know if you ever get the database running smoothly and I may switch over.

Playing full table NL25 on fulltilt again to build bankroll back to the 1.2k before I move up to NL50.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008  
Blogger Riverrun said...

I just visited your blog the other day and wondered what you are up to.

I think HEM is the preferred choice over PT3. I'm going to assume you "only" have PT2 and haven't upgraded yet.

HEM is way better than PT2 + PAHUD. It works on ongame where I am playing now where PT2 doesn't which is a bonus. CardRunners has a sick deal right now if you want to get HEM the full version is only $45. Since I missed out on this I am sure I can buy it for you and just give you the activation code if you want.

The main difference is the HUD and stats that HEM brings to the table, stats like 3 bet, 4 bet, fold to 3/4 bets are the ones I like and you can really drill down and find your leaks with HEM with there powerful filters.

Good luck with getting back into things, I started with $400 40 days ago and ran it up pretty good but I know FTP is a bit tougher than ongame so you will have you work cut out for you.

I moved up to NL50 with about $1k so your in the right spot with your bankroll.

Database is running smoothly its just on start up it gives me some issues, I am the only one so its my set up but I heard if you do have issues they will do a team viewer session and go into your cpu to fix things, not notch support.

Sorry to ramble but welcome back!

Wednesday, December 24, 2008  
Blogger Guin said...

Sure why don't we set it up to get that deal on the HEM software. I can send you cash through full tilt to pay for it as I just broke the $500 mark and grinding up as quick as I can.

Just let me know who to send the cash to on FT and it will show up. Also just email me at guin36 at gmail dot com.

Sunday, December 28, 2008  
Blogger Guin said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Sunday, December 28, 2008  
Blogger Riverrun said...

I just got message. Let me know if you need any help installing HEM and setting up your HUD. I have a pretty cool set up that is colour coded, etc.

Sunday, December 28, 2008  
Blogger Guin said...

I deleted the message about the pokersavvy points because I don't have enough to purchase the year to get the free software.... so back to you to get me the code.

The good thing is that I have made some more cash in the meantime so looking forward to investing in an updated database.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008  
Blogger sangeetha said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thursday, January 01, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home